How do you avoid doing damage when you upgrade your site? – Podcast Episode #74
In our latest episode of the podcast we take yet more questions from the listeners to the show. Event though we’ve launched the live interactive video Q&A sessions as part of the premium site; we will still once every four weeks handing over to you, the listeners to answer your questions!
Show Notes After the Jump
- How do you avoid doing damage when you upgrade your site?
- Re-Launching a Site – SEO Best Practice
- Keep content similar
- Don’t Launch A New Rival Site – You’ll split your efforts across two websites
- Keep a back-up of your site in case you need to roll back
- New Interactive Q&A on Premium Site
- All the free secret screencasts are available here
- Is it better to have a blog on a separate domain? We recommend a folder of the main site rather it’s own domain or sub domain.
- If they are two different sites, the design doesn’t help Google appreciate if they have a similar design. Do but for branding reasons not SEO.
- Subdomains aren’t always the best solution. It’s seen as connected to the main domain but you don’t see the benefits of either a free standing website or subfolder.
- Why we don’t have a search box on the main SiteVisiblity site.
- How do you get the show notes on the iPhone Screensaver
- Use the Comment box and the lyrics field for your show notes when adding meta data to your mp3s
- Should you induce users to click users to click your adverts?
- Google will ban you from adsense if you do
- Recommended Affiliate Networks Make Money from Recommending Products
- Automatically sign you up to thousands of affiliate schemes with SkimLinks
- Does changing your WordPress Theme spoil your SEO efforts? Not huge
- Our recommended WordPress Themes
- WordPress Security Special Podcast
- Delete Admin User Account in WordPress
- Recommended WordPress Plugins
- Interactive Q&A Sessions as part of Premium Podcast
As always you can get in touch by emailing email@example.com, leaving us a comment at http://www.internetmarketingpodcast.org or using the Twitter hashtag #impc or leave us a voicemail question on +44 1273 256 150