Managing your social media real estate across clients and teams can sometimes result in duplicate listings. For manageability (and sanity) it’s best to have a single version of truth out there for your customers to find, credit and interact with.
This mini guide walks you through the process of removing duplicate pages on Google+ step by step.
Here’s how to tidy up the mess and rest easy:
Find the problem
The problem is 2 duplicate Google+ pages. One looks unfinished and unloved while the other is looking great.
Let’s take a closer look at the page with just 2 followers and the default Google+ background image…
- Click ‘Manage this page’ to see if there’s any signs of life.
- Oh dear – looks like this one didn’t make it to publication. It’s causing confusion, so we’ll delete it. Click Edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Delete this page’
- Scroll down to the bottom of the next page and click ‘Delete page’
- On the final warning page click ‘Delete page’
- After this you’ll see another final warning message box. Be absolutely certain you no longer want the page before clicking all the checkboxes and the delete button. Job done.