In today’s episode of the Internet Marketing Podcast, Andy is joined by Simo Ahava, Senior Data Advocate at Reaktor, Google Developer Expert for Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics, and digital analytics blogger at simoahava.com.
Simo is on the show to talk about common Google Tag Manager pitfalls that can have catastrophic results.
On the show you’ll learn:
- Why Google Tag Manager is such a popular/topical tool plus 4 common pitfalls:
- Pitfall #1: Using GTM as a fastlane to changes on the website, ignoring IT & development processes
- Pitfall #2: Deploying code you do not understand
- Pitfall #3: GTM can make or break data quality
- Pitfall #4: Treating data collection as an isolated silo in the organisation
Plus as usual, Simo provides his top tip/key takeaway.