Cactus Language Training Case Study
Managing Director, Cactus Language
Download the Cactus Language Case Study
Cactus is one of the world’s leading language training companies and the UK’s biggest provider of face-to-face language training. They help over 15,000 people every year learn more than 30 languages, in 60 countries and 500 destinations worldwide. Their target audience is diverse, including individuals looking to improve their language skills, gain proficiency or just pick up the basics, as well as corporate clients, under 18s, over 50s.
As part of the on-going social media campaign for Cactus, which was focussed on engagement and acquisition of new students, SiteVisibility managed a one-off ‘Win a Language Holiday’ competition. Hosted on the Cactus Language Facebook page between the 1st September 2011 and 31st October 2011, Cactus offered a chance to win a language course in Malaga.
Designed in compliance with the Facebook promotional guidelines, the competition involved:
- Direct contacting via social channels
- Organic outreach to influential travel blogs and sites
- Utilising competition sites
- Posting for Cactus’ three separate business areas
- Optimisation of all platforms including creation of bespoke Facebook tabs.
- Click analysis broken down into daily, weekly and monthly statistics.
- Promotion placed on Facebook ad spaces.
From when the campaign started in August to when it ended in October:
- Fans increased from 670 to 2,001.
- Post views increased by 74%.
- Post feedback increased by 49%
- 90% of the email sign ups came from the UK, demonstrating targeted outreach
- Relationships have been developed and sustained with a number of significant influencers.
- The campaign created an opt-in email list of 986 leads from a possible 1,148 entrants. This is an 85% opt in rate for contact for future promotion.
- An extremely high 17% engagement level with fans.