Case Study: Helping Dental Professionals Discover Continued Education
In February 2016, a global dental education brand came to us with the challenge of optimising their website copy for niche dental care industry terms and driving more course completions.
In addition to this, the client’s traffic had started to decrease as a result of a poorly managed website migration.
After successfully supporting the client during 2016 with onsite optimisation, we began to evolve their digital marketing strategy throughout 2017 and 2018, with our work spanning, migration consultancy, technical SEO, on-page optimisation, keyword research and analysis, Google Analytics auditing and configuration and most recently in February 2019, launching their very first PPC campaign.
As a result of our work together, during the client’s financial year 17/18 we achieved:
- A +20% increase in organic sessions
- A +10% increase in all site traffic
- A 31% reduction in bounce rate for the “continuing education” pages
About the Client
The client is a leading global dental professional brand and provides free continuing education, patient education and practice management resources to help dental professionals.
The client has limited in-house SEO experience and as a result of this, their website copy was not optimised.
Their poor website migration meant that they experienced a decrease in both traffic and course completions.
How We Helped
- From Q1 to Q3 2016 we provided on-page content support for the website. This included the optimisation of an entirely new ‘Professional Education’ section of the site.
- From Q1 2016 to Q2 2017, we provided technical SEO This was to help the client implement recommendations that were surfaced from our technical SEO analysis in Q3 2016.
- In Q3 & Q4 2017 we delivered a Google Analytics audit and a HTTPS migration analysis.
- In Q1 & Q2 2018, we created two content hubs to support the client with new product launches and key ingredients like Stannous Flouride.
- In Q2 2018 we launched the client’s first PPC campaigns to support the new content.
We helped the client achieve YoY traffic increases for both All Channels and Organic search.
- A YoY increase of +10% for All Channels
- A YoY increase of +20% for Organic search
- 16,500 additional sessions were driven between February to June 2018 by the newly created Gum health page that we created. 92% of these sessions were from new users.
- The number of ranking keywords more than doubled in the first 12 months
- June 2018 organic visibility was up 135% versus June 2017 (31.4K versus 74K)
- To achieve the same amount of traffic through paid search it would cost an estimated $87k per month.
From optimising existing content and creating the content hubs, we were able to improve the ranking positions for several keywords including:
- #1 position in Google US for the keyword “how do you get cavities”
- 1st-page positions in Google US for keywords including “Bruxism”, “wisdom teeth pain”, “what is plaque”, “primary teeth” and “dental calculus”
- First-page ranking improvements for key terms like “stannous fluoride toothpaste”, “stannous fluoride” and “stannous fluoride vs sodium fluoride”
More qualified course completions
We helped to increase the number of completed courses by 20% for the 17/18 financial year:
- FY16/17- 329,652 course completions
- FY17/18 – 397,036 course completions
If you’d like to find out how we can help you with your marketing campaigns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Give us a call on 01273 733 433 or contact us via the form below. Our team would love to help.