Our SEO Website Migration Services
Launching a new website can be a scary proposition.
Whether you’re moving from HTTP to HTTPS, changing CMS, rebranding, updating your whole site for a mobile-first strategy, or you’re going through a merger or acquisition, one thing is for sure:
A website migration is a critical time for any business.
Even with the world’s best web development team, a mismanaged website migration can have a severe impact on organic search performance. After all, the last thing you want to see upon your swanky new website launch is a drop off in traffic because your web developers missed out the technical stuff.
A Website Migration Service You Can Trust
Luckily with us, you’re in good hands.
From large ecommerce sites and online shops to smaller sites experiencing multiple technical issues, we’ve been there and done it before.
Our Head of Digital, Scott Colenutt even joined us on the Internet Marketing Podcast to talk about How to Ensure Your Website Migration Goes Smoothly.
"We were very pleased with all the work carried out by SiteVisibility. They helped us complete a very complicated project - a large website migration with multi-continental SEO considerations, needing to be finished within a very tight timeframe. SiteVisibility were easy to work with and helped our team successfully complete the project on time."
Our Website Migration Process
Site Migrations can be a lengthy process, with a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration.
Luckily, we’ve created the Ultimate SEO Website Migration Checklist to help you get a get a full understanding of all of the considerations you’ll need to make before, during and after your new website is launched. Before you start planning for your migration, make sure you download it for free here.
Most companies will only consider SEO when it comes to a migration. Not us. We’ll make sure that all bases are covered and will support you at every step of the journey.
As well as any SEO issues, we’ll also consider the impact on your Analytics set up and the pre or post-launch user experience as well as any issues with your paid search activity.
We’ll even provide you with a checklist to give to your developers to outline what they are responsible for.
Our process covers everything pre and post launch:
Pre-Launch Migration Checks:
The activity before you launch your new site is critical.
As such, we undertake a thorough research and planning phase to make sure you’re absolutely ready to migrate.
At the pre-launch stage, it’s important to benchmark your site and take stock of how it’s currently performing, so we’ll undertake a number of tasks related to your SEO performance and Analytics set up.
When it comes to your SEO:
- We’ll organise and check the redirects from the old site to the new site
- We’ll undertake a full-crawl and audit the new site before it goes live
- We benchmark SEO data, including rankings for the current site
- We start configuring your new HTTPS Google Search Console & Bing Webmaster Accounts
- We’ll undertake all the copywriting needed for your new site before it goes live
In respect of your analytics & measurement, we’ll:
- Audit your Google Analytics configuration
- Start configuring and testing your new Google Analytics Goals & Events on the staging site
- Upgrade you to Google Tag Manager for ease of use tag management moving forward
- We’ll start configuring reporting based on your new website goals
We’ll also undertake UX testing on the staging site and if there are changes to your website URLs, brand messaging or user targeting, we may also need to review your PPC strategy and/or current ads.
These points should always be discussed before the new website is launched and we’ll be here to help and support you with this.
Post-Launch Migration Checks:
Once your shiny new site is launched, our in-house SEO website migration experts will extensively test and check every-last nook and cranny of your new site on launch day.
From an SEO perspective:
- We’ll check that everything is correct with redirects on launch day
- We’ll run a Technical SEO Review to compare date against the pre-launch audit
- We’ll submit your new sitemaps to Google & Bing
- We’ll manually check SEO data, including rankings every day for 2 weeks
In terms of analytics and measurement we’ll:
- Closely monitor organic traffic to ensure there are no sudden drops
- Publish and test your new Goals & Events
- Implement the actions from the Google Analytics audit
- Check that the Google Tag Manager code is added to all pages
- Customise reporting based on the new website and objectives
Once we’re satisfied that you’ve completed a successful SEO migration, we’ll begin to focus on your long-term SEO strategy. As we like to say, this is where the fun begins…!
Are you at the beginning stages of a migration strategy? Finished web development and ready to launch? Just about to make the leap into a new domain?
Speak to our experts to find out how we can help you make a smooth switch with no bumps in the road.
Give us a call on 01273 733 433 or fill out the form below to find out more about how we can help you ensure your migration goes off without a hitch: