Back in May I was fortunate enough to interview Rand Fishkin on this podcast. When I first heard about SEO, Rand and Moz were my initial go-tos for all things SEO. I know this is the case for a lot of marketers who entered the industry in the last decade and a half.
The same can be said for today’s guest, Joe Pulizzi, in respect to content marketing.
Joe Pulizzi is the Founder of the Content Marketing Institute and coined the phrase ‘content marketing’. He spent 11 years at Content Marketing Institute, selling the company in 2016.
So what’s Joe been doing since 2016? We explore what Joe has been focusing on over the last few years in the podcast as I look to uncover what it is that keeps him in love with content marketing.
In today’s episode we explore:
- Joe’s tips on how to keep inspired and creative
- Characteristics of great content marketers
- The unusual but highly effective way that Joe decided to market his first fiction novel
- The content marketing trend that Joe is most excited about
I loved speaking with Joe. His enthusiasm for content and creativity came through in our discussion and his energy was exactly the same when we weren’t recording. I’m grateful that Joe gave us his time and I’m so happy that after all these years we finally get to bring one of the true pioneers of modern marketing to the podcast.
CONNECT WITH JOE:
- Grab a copy of Joe’s fiction debut in ‘The Will To Die’: https://thewilltodie.com/
- Joe’s non-profit company, The Orange Effect Foundation: https://theorangeeffect.org/
CONNECT WITH SITEVISIBILITY:
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
See you next week!