Organisation and productivity app Todoist has grown from 5 million users to 25+ million users over the last ~6 years, all without spending a penny on paid advertising. Brenna Loury, Head of Marketing at parent company Doist, has been on this journey with Doist since 2012 and joins us to share some of her key insights into Doist’s success and provides insight into what really happens behind the scenes to create word-of-mouth marketing.
Doist’s Success & Creating Word-of-Mouth Marketing
In this episode we discuss:
- Todoist’s growth story, notably key factors that helped grow Todoist from 5 million users to 25 million users over the last ~6 years
- Brenna’s personal growth story and personal marketing lessons she’s learned along the way
- How Doist serves a user base of 25 million+ customers with a marketing team of 6 people
- Why it’s important to let go of some of your Lego
- The benefits of focusing on your gut instincts instead of the competition
- The cultural marketing benefits of in-housing vs using agencies
- How to remain creative as a remote-first company
- What is the asynchronous community?
Referenced on this episode:
- Crossing The Chasm: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FC119W/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
CONNECT WITH BRENNA / DOIST
- Brenna on Twitter: https://twitter.com/brennakL
- Doist: https://doist.com/
- Todoist: https://todoist.com/
- Twist: https://www.twist.com/
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
For all show ideas, guest recommendations and feedback email email@example.com
If you’re looking for support with your marketing efforts, give us a call on 01273 733 433 or leave us a message via the form below. We’d love to help you solve any marketing challenges you’re facing!