In this episode we’re joined by an Internet Marketing Podcast veteran and our very own Senior SEO Analyst, Marcos Álvarez Martín, to discuss Google’s upcoming Core Web Vitals update.
Shortly after this recording, Google provided an update to note that the Core Web Vitals update will now start rolling out from mid-June 2021: https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2021/04/more-details-page-experience.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is the Core Web Vitals update and how does it differ from previous Google search algorithm updates?
- How might the Core Web Vitals impact roles of SEO professionals?
- A description of what the 3 key Core Web Vitals are
- What are ‘page experience signals’?
- Why business owners and webmasters may need increased development budgets in 2021/22
- How to benchmark your current performance and tools to help analyse performance against Core Web Vitals
- How will you know if your site is impacted by the Core Web Vitals update?
Referenced on this episode:
CONNECT WITH MARCOS:
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
CONNECT WITH SITEVISIBILITY:
For all show ideas, guest recommendations and feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org