In today’s episode we’re joined by Dr Christine Bailey, Founder of Sophia Marketing and Author of ‘Customer Insight Strategies: How To Understand Your Audience and Create Remarkable Marketing’.
In this episode we discuss:
- Have the principles for gleaning customer insight changed over the last 20 years?
- What makes an insight insightful?
- The 5 sources of data you need for meaningful marketing analysis
- What’s the #1 obstacle that prevents customer insight from being gleaned?
- Why monthly or quarterly marketing targets might actually prevent remarkable marketing
- Why getting outside of your comfort zone is a critical component in gleaning meaningful customer insights
Referenced on this episode:
- Christine’s book, Customer Insight Strategies: https://www.koganpage.com/product/customer-insight-strategies-9781789662504 & https://amzn.to/3umOoJt
- Marketing Technology Landscape Supergraphic: https://chiefmartec.com/2020/04/marketing-technology-landscape-2020-martech-5000/
- [Book] Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman https://amzn.to/3yG4H7L
- [Book] Play Bigger by Al Ramadan, Dave Peterson,Christopher Lochead and Kevin Maney: https://amzn.to/3wABlpn
- Jolt by Richard Tyler: https://amzn.to/3voHyoo
CONNECT WITH CHRISTINE / SOPHIA MARKETING
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
For all show ideas, guest recommendations and feedback email email@example.com
Struggling to make the most of your data? If you’d like to get in touch with us to find out how we could help you make meaningful marketing decisions and ensure your data is accurate, please give us a call on 01273 733 433 or leave us a message via the form below: