In today’s episode we’re joined by communications specialist Jenni Field. Jenni has extensive experience in business communications and recently authored the book ‘Influential Internal Communication: Streamline Your Corporate Communication to Drive Efficiency and Engagement’.
Jenni shares with us the common symptoms of businesses that are suffering from deep-rooted communication issues and how we should go about trying to solve them.
In this episode we discuss:
- What led to Jenni dedicating her focus to internal communications and founding Redefining Communications
- What triggered Jenni to document her experience in the form of her book, ‘Influential Internal Communication’
- How to identify resolvable surface-level issues vs. deep rooted cultural communication problems
- Quick communication fixes that make us all cringe!
- What are the similarities and differences in communication issues faced by SMEs and large corporations?
- The right and wrong ways to surface information from employees (avoid survey fatigue!)
- What causes employees to distrust your communication
- Should social affairs and politics be discussed at work?
Referenced on this episode:
- Jenni’s book, ‘Influential Internal Communication: Streamline Your Corporate Communication to Drive Efficiency and Engagement’: https://amzn.to/3x4AT30 or via Kogan Page: https://www.koganpage.com/product/influential-internal-communication-9781789666137
CONNECT WITH JENNI / REDEFINING COMMUNICATIONS
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
For all show ideas, guest recommendations and feedback email email@example.com